It's Get To Know Your Customers Day!
I would LOVE to know more about the people who follow Dushi Designs. Whether you found my little island-inspired beach brand on Insta, Facebook, Pinterest or through a friend, I would love to learn more about you and find out what brought us together.
I've put together a quick quiz for you to complete but before you go ahead and take part in the survey, I thought it was only fair I should share an insight in to the beach bum behind the brand...
5 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I went to drama school and landed my first job on T.V when I was 15 years old.
Back in those days I was oozing with confidence, I loved the limelight and was always the centre of attention at any event or gathering... It's a stark contrast to how I am now!
These days I prefer to stay behind the scenes and value my privacy much more than when I was younger.
2. I have always dreamed of buying my own island... Yep, I know, it's a BIG dream! But I truly would love to own a piece of paradise where I can live out my Blue Lagoon/Swiss Family Robinson fantasy. Of course there would have to be an abundance of fresh coconuts... And WIFI (of course!). I guess I will need to sell quite a few more t-shirts and beach towels before I can afford my very own tropical oasis... Until then, I've always got Aruba!
3. I geek out over archaeology documentaries. I am fascinated with ancient relics, buried treasure and love learning about new discoveries of historic importance from around the world. Maybe I watched the Goonies too many times growing up, or Indiana Jones... Either way, I am hopeful I will get to go on an treasure hunt adventure of my own one day.
4. My first car was a Suzuki Jimny. It was a right old banger! But it did it's job and got me from A to B. I can remember one time driving down the main road that runs straight through Aruba and a gust of wind blew my roof off!!! #truestory
Looking back it was such a piece of s**t but I loved it so much. It represented freedom and I had a lot of fun exploring the island in that car.
5. I have no regrets. Not a single one. I always follow my heart..... It usually leads me to the beach!
Actually, in all seriousness, I never let my head rule my heart. Some of my best decisions have been made totally from the heart, and yes, that does mean that some times other people have screwed me over and taken advantage of me, and I am sure in the future it will happen again. But I have come to realise that it is more a reflection of them as a person than me. Everything happens for a reason they say, and I truly believe that.
I once shared a camper van with 3 complete random strangers whilst backpacking in Australia. We drove from Sydney down to the Great Ocean Road and it was an unbelievable experience.
More vacation memories coming soon in a future blog so stay tuned....
Now it's your turn... If you have a few minutes to spare I would love to learn more about you!
To say thanks for completing this short survey you will be in with a chance of winning a t-shirt from the new "MI ISLA" collection.